jueves, 1 de enero de 2015

Happy 2015!

I know, I haven't posted anything in like a million years. I could say I'm sorry, but I've just been busy living lots of new experiences. Finding free time to write is not as easy as I thought...


Yesterday was the end of the most important year of my life so far.In 2014 my life was turned upside down, and the biggest adventure started. Now almost half of it is gone, and it's insane how fast time goes by. 2014 started with the amazing and unbelievable news of the start of a new life. And I have to thank everyone that has been by my side this year, and the ones that have always been there. As an especial year, today I have to say thank you to everyone in this side of the country that has made me smile, and the biggest and most special one is for my Appletons. The family that has treated me like no one else has. When you are with them, you know that something either hilarious or extremely beautiful is going to happen. And it happens every day. They have showed me how great it is to be the little sister, they have made music even more important in my life, they always support me and make every day a new adventure. After almost 5 months, I still don't have anything negative to say about them, and I don't think I ever will. They showed me that the word "family" is not necessarily related to your DNA, and that home is wherever you are loved. I will never have enough words to say thank you. It's terrifying to think that I only have 6 more months to share with them, and I know that from now on, I will make every single day count. My time here has made me discover who I am, and how I want my life to be. All of this is priceless, and even though this isn't always easy, it teaches you lessons that you will always carry with you, and it shows you people that you will always have in your heart. Being far away from everything you know makes you appreciate it even more, and learn the meaning of true friendship. I have too many things to be thankful for that I can't even write all of them here, so I'll just finish wishing a really happy 2015 to everyone in both sides of the Atlantic that makes my life a dream.

This year, since in 2014 some of them actually happened for the first time, I'll write here my new year's resolutions:

-I will take more pictures. I don't take as many as I should, and I'm not a big fan of selfies, but I will make an effort to have as many pictures as I can. I always think that is better to live a moment than to miss something because of taking pictures of it, but some day I might not be able to remember certain moments of my life, and if that happens I want to have something that I can see and smile, something that can bring back the memories, so...Americans, you better be ready, my camera/phone is going to become another part of my body.

-I will keep working on being less shy. I know, I say this every year, but day by day this becomes a little better, so hopefully 2015 will be the year when I can actually speak with an audible volume.

-Hugging more. In general. I don't think we do it enough. It might  be because I come from a place where we have a lot more physical contact, but realizing that it's January already opened my eyes. I have six months to hug people that who knows how long is going to take me to do it again. I don't have time to lose. For the same reason, I need to stop being afraid of telling people that I love them. If I do, why not to say it?

I'm going to stop here, so I write things that I can actually accomplish. Happy new year!!





(Ahora para España.Aquí os dejo un pequeño resumen en fotos de los últimos meses...Y sí,estoy haciendo cosas como besar calabazas,llevar barba, aspirar a un perro o fingir que me caigo al río.





















































¡Feliz año!)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario